Do you ever have that craving for a sweet, baked good? At the same time, though, you don’t want the guilt that comes along with buying a pre-made chocolate cake? We’ve all been there! The thing about a lifestyle, as opposed to a short-term diet, is that it is expected that you’ll have treats from time-to-time – that, my friends, is life! It’s all about moderation, and continuing to focus on better ingredients. After all, we’ve all heard the saying, treat yo’ self!
Black Bean Fudge Brownie
- 1 oz. 80% dark organic chocolate
- 1½ cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- ¼ heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or organic honey
- ½ cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease 8 individual ramekins or one 8 inch square baking dish with organic butter or oil.
Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 tbsp. water mixed in.
Drain and rinse beans.
Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce, and honey in a food processor, process until smooth, stir in walnuts and pour mixture into prepared ramekins or baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides, about 20 minutes for ramekins and 30 minutes for baking dish.